_________________________________________________________________________________

Please call 801-870-2070 to order

Monday, November 8, 2010

My Theatrical Debut: In the 6th Grade

Here's a little history. This is a picture of me when I was in the 6th Grade, performing as Snoopy in "You're a Good Man Charlie Brown." My "theatrical debut", so to speak. It was sent to me by a wonderful lady named Dee Vesterby from Arizona. She is probably credited as the first person who ever really believed in my talents. She hand-typed (funny that in the "computer age" you have to say it that way) my first novel that I wrote in a notebook in the 5th Grade. I recently sent her the music CD of "Whispered Visions" and this is what she sent in reply. :)



Coincidentally, Sister Vesterby also played a role in my conversion to the LDS Church when I was Sophomore in High School. I attended a Youth Conference in Glenwood Springs, CO with her son, Eric, who was my best friend at the time. Brenton Yorgason was the Youth Speaker. It was the very first time that I ever felt the Holy Ghost. The feeling touched me so deeply that three years later, when I prayed to know if the Book of Mormon was true, I recognized the feeling immediately. So my heartfelt thanks to a great lady! Mucho Gracias Sister Vesterby!

@ Copyright 2010, Chris Heimerdinger

6 comments:

  1. Enjoyed the clippings immensely. They don't make journalism like that anymore!!!

    How neat that she not only perhaps set your feet on the highway you followed, but saved these clippings for you. What a treasure!

    By the way, just finished "Sorcerers and Seers" on CD last week. I'd been listening in the car during workday commutes, and I finally couldn't take it any longer and listened to the final two CDs in one sitting in my living room. GREAT stuff! But now I can't wait for the next book...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, is that a picture of you? You were super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You may never know how many lives you have touched in one way or another. My grandson was recently a guest in you home. Oh, you didn't know that??? We were all surprised when your son took a bunch of kids to your home after the Homecoming dance for video's and food!!! I don't think he met you that night but he was impressed with the evening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, I remember that Snoopy. And a Bigfoot film. Passage to Zarahemla is a long way from that early production of yours. I had the opportunity to watch "Passage.." with mom, Keith, and Cami. You always were a star in our lives. Shine on.

    ReplyDelete